|Medicine’s information on this web page is only a short description of its characteristics. Do not take them as recommendations for self-treatment of your health condition. |
You must inform your physician and pharmacist and follow their recommendations before you use the medicine for treatment. Always read carefully the patient information leaflet.
NAME OF THE MEDICINAL PRODUCT
ATC J01E E01
QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION
Each tablet contains 400 mg sulfamethoxazole and 80 mg trimethoprim.
5ml syrup contains 200 mg sulfamethoxazole and 40 mg trimethoprim.
- infections of the upper and lower respiratory paths: acute and chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasia, pneumonia, lung apcess, purulented pleuritis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis carinii.
- infections of the urogenital tract: gonococci, uretritis, metritis, salpingitis, adnexitis, infections after the birth delivery and abortion, cystitis, cistopielitis, pielonephritis, uretritis,
- different infective diseases: salmonelosis, shigellosis, nocardiosis, malaria, micetomi and other bacterial infections, brucelosis, toxosplasmosis meliodosis.
- infections of the digestive tract: enteritis
- skin infections: impetigo, folliculitis, furunculli, apcesses, acne, erysipelas, anthrax, and piodhermia.
POSOLOGY AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
For adults and children over 12 years of age, the average dosage is 2 times daily per 2 tablets. The minimum daily dosage as well as the dosage for the prolongation of the therapy (longer than 14 days) is 2 times daily per 1 tablet.
At heavy infections, maximal daily dose of 2 times per 3 tablets daily can be prescribed.
The usual dosage for children is 18mg/kg-body weight (trimetropin 3 mg and sulphamethoxasol 15 mg.), two times during the day.
From 6 weeks to 6 months: 2 times daily half a teaspoon of syrup (2,5ml).
From 6 months to 6 years of age: 2 times daily 1 tea spoon of syrup (5ml).
From 6 to 12 year of age: 2 times daily 2 teaspoon of syrup (10ml).
TRIMOKSAZOL® is administered in the morning and in the evening after meal. At the acute infections, the treatment lasts 5-7 days, with possibility for prolongation of the therapy after the disappearance of the symptoms. The length of the therapy of the chronic infections depends upon the diagnosis and the development of the illness.
In case of a disturbance of the kidney function, the dosage may be decreased.
Hypersensitvity of sulfonamides or trimethropin, heavy illness of the heart, kidneys or liver, or disturbance of the haematopoesed system.
Pregnancy, lactation, premature newborns or newborns in the first 6 weeks.
Box of 20 tablets (400 mg + 80 mg)
Box with glass bottle with syrup (200 mg + 40 mg)/5 ml of 100ml